I was visiting my mom today and I saw two people outside her window jogging.
It motivated me.
It motivated me to get up and close the curtains.
Basically, that’s my enthusiasm about exercise.
Don’t get me wrong..I do it.
But I don’t do it because I like it. I do it because I have to.
Over the years, I learned quickly that no amount of exercise will offset eating like a cow (actually cows don’t eat bad, but you understand me, right?). I mean, 20 minutes on the treadmill at 3.5 burns 100 calories.
That’s two Oreo cookies.
Gahhh, you gotta really re-think scarfing back a whole row, don’t ya?
But what if I told you I made an epic summer treat that actually tastes deeeelish. Would you believe me?
Have y’all tried “nice cream”? It’s the perfect gluten free, refined sugar free and vegan treat around. It’s pretty much just purreed frozen fruit that tastes like soft serve! It gets really hard in the freezer, but you just need to leave it out for a few minutes and it’s perfect!
My fav so far is this chocolate and peanut butter flavour using banana, cocoa powder, peanut butter and cocoa nibs…
Now, back to the drawing board with this exercise thing.
Maybe I just need to find things that are more fun than traditional exercise.
Like things you did as a kid.
I just did a cartwheel.
I thought it was like riding a bike.
Note to self…it’s not.
- 8 large ripe bananas. sliced into coins
- 1 c. smooth peanut butter
- 1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- ½ c cocoa powder
- 1 c. cocoa nibs
- 2 tbsp peanut butter powder (for serving, optional)
- Freeze bananas until frozen, about 2 hours.
- In a food processor, blend together bananas, peanut butter, cocoa powder, vanilla and cocoa nibs.
- Pour mixture into an 8" x 8" pan.
- Freeze for about ½ hour or until firm.
- Remove from freezer and scoop into balls and place balls back into container (you don't need to do this but because of the lack of fat, it's hard to scoop once it's frozen solid).
- Freeze until solid, about 3 hours, before serving.