I don’t know about you but when I go out to dinner, I love getting the bread basket.
‘Cause, I am always hungry when I go to dinner…and, shouldn’t I be? I am, after all, going out to dinner for a reason!
And, I feel like I’ve won the lottery when the bread is crazy awesome!
So, when I have people over for dinner, I always like to have some nice breads/crackers/rolls. But, sometimes, when you’re busy making a nice dinner, the last thing you have time to do is make fresh bread.
But what about if you cheat? Grab some pizza dough, a red onion, some herbs, some olive oil and some good flaked salt and you are on your way!
1. Preheat your oven to 400 and line a baking sheet with parchment or a Silpat mat.
2. Take out your purchased pizza dough (or, if you have these in the freezer, you could thaw them and easily use them!) and cut it into 6 equal pieces.
3. On a floured board, roll out each piece into a long oval and place on the prepared cookie sheet.
…just like this!
4. Place thin slices of fanned out red onion and press in the herbs (I used parsely but you can use rosemary leaves or sprigs of thyme).
5. Now, spritz the tops with olive oil and sprinkle with a nice sea salt (flakes like this Maldon brand is lovely).
6. Bake for about 15 minutes or until the tops are golden (these are darker because I used whole wheat dough)
7. Now, tuck them into a bread basket and bring on dinner!!