These cookies make me happy.
For the first time in a long time, I am speechless.
Nothing else to say.
Except try them.
(I apologize in advance for the grotesque amount of calories you will consume)
2 c butter
1 1/2 c granulated sugar
2 c brown sugar
2 tsp vanilla
4 c oats (pulverized in a food processor)
4 c flour
2 tsp baking powder
2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
2 c chocolate chips
2 c milk chocolate, grated (you can use additional chocolate chips)
2 c nuts (I like a combination of sliced almonds and pecan pieces)
1. In a food processor or blender. process oats to a fine meal (a bit more coarse than flour); set aside.
2. In the same food processor, grate the chocolate chips (pulse until finely chopped).
3. In a mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy; add eggs and vanilla and beat again.
4. In a large bowl, mix flour, ground oats, baking powder, baking soda and salt; mix into butter mixture
5. Add chocolate chips, grated chocolate and nuts; mix to combine (this is almost a double batch of regular cookies so it may be hard to do this part in the mixer…dump it all in a large bowl and blend with a spatula until fully mixed).
6. Once the mixture is fully mixed, you can bake them off, or freeze them for another time like this.
If you bake them now, scoop about 1 tbsp ( in a 3 x 4 pattern) onto a lined cookie sheet and press some of the Skor pieces onto the top of each cookie.
7. Bake at 350 for 12 minutes (or until slightly browned on the bottom and turning golden on top).
The perfect cookie! If you take them out before they overcook, they will be soft in the middle and crisp on the outside!!
Good enough for Bake it Forward Friday…
Or pretty much any day…