Not sure if you’ve noticed, but Mother Nature decided to be a good girl and deliver spring to our front door.
And with Easter just around the corner, we could all use a quick little treat that anyone (even a kid) could make!!
These fun little baby bunny bum buns (yes, you can go ahead and use that as a tongue twister game at your dinner table…you’re welcome) will be a hit this weekend…fo realz!
And, yes, you are seeing Pillsbury Crescent Rolls and Nutella.
I know people are busy. I get that we all want to be able to throw a few things together and create something fun in the kitchen that doesn’t take up tons of time. If anyone turns their nose up to this, then I’m sorry.
My job as a culinary instructor has always been to teach people how to be comfortable enough in the kitchen to create good food that you can share with your loved ones. And, what I always begin with is “do what you know…find successes in what you are already comfortable doing…then move forward from there”. Companies that create products which allow you shortcuts (and, in turn bring us all back to the table) can – and should – be incorporated into our meals, especially if it means we are all breaking bread together and sharing our stories at the end of the day.
This is such an easy thing to do together…give it a shot…it’ll be fun…I promise!!
Open up the package…
Place on a floured board and pinch the seams together.
Cut into strips (leaving one strip to cut into pieces that will eventually form the bunny tails).
Slather each strip with some Nutella and pinch together to form a long log.
Curl each log into this shape (with the seam sides down) and then place a tail in each hole (after you’ve dipped it into the cream and then the coarse sugar)
Bake for about 10 minutes and now you have yourself a crazy easy treat!!
And, while you’re at it, why not do a savoury version with store bought pizza dough (where the tails are dipped into pink Himalayan sea salt)? So cute for your Easter bread basket!
Too cute, right??
- 1 package Pillbury crescent rolls
- ⅓ c flour
- 4 tbsp (about ¼ cup) Nutella
- 2 tbsp milk or cream
- 2 tbsp course sugar
- Heat oven to 375
- Unroll crescent dough unto a floured cutting board and squeeze edges together
- Cut into 9 strips; cut one of the strips into 8 pieces (this will be the tails)
- Spread about 1 tsp of Nutella along the centre of each strip (making sure to leave a bit of an edge)
- Pinch the edges closed; twist into a "bunny shape" (see above) and place on baking sheet.
- Take a piece of the small squares of dough and pinch into a ball; dip into the milk/cream, then dip into coarse sugar and place in the circle of the bun.
- Bake until golden (about 10-12 minutes) and serve warm